At no additional cost to you, as an affiliate of Amazon and other organizations, I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Using my links allows me to keep bringing you awesome content. Thank you for your support!
THE BEST SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH PASTA RECIPE
- 16 oz. Package linguine
- 5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 whole Shallots finely diced
- 2 whole Garlic loves minced
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions for al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes until the shallots are translucent.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until they turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley and cooked pasta. Toss to coat the pasta and drizzle with a bit more olive oil. Serve immediately.